Connect with the Word
Sharing the Word from the preaching on Sunday (15min)
→ Purpose: contextualize one point of the preaching from Sunday
Hint: don’t start with “who was here on Sunday?” - it discriminates those who weren’t here and doesn’t help to get a good start.
Follow the principle of 1 thing!
- Choose 1 verse from the preaching, invite people to find it in their Bible, someone can read (3min)
- Give your sharing 1 name (theme), explain - link to the preaching (3min)
- Share 1 thought about the theme (3min)
- Give 1 testimony(yours or someone else’s) related to the theme of your sharing (3min)
- Contextualise the story/testimony to Jesus Church/DG/co-discipleship and take it down to 1 open question/challenge relevant to the group (3min)
- What would our DG look like if we started to do that?
- How could we as a DG, practice that on a weekly basic?
- If we were going to implement that, where should we start?
Engaging the group in a conversation from the sharing (15min)
→ Purpose: get everyone in the group to reflect deeper about the sharing
Invite people to conversation (10min)
- Focus on the specific question/challenge
- Divide the entire group in small groups of 3 of 4 (not more)
- Encourage everyone in the groups to share their thoughts
Wrap up (5min)
- Invite a few people to give some answers
- Close the sharing by giving 1 concrete conclusion related to the theme and the question